Cook County Order
The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) has issued Order 2021-11, mandating that all individuals 5 years and older provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter specific businesses and facilities in Cook County, including fitness and recreation centers. Additionally, the Order also stipulates that patrons 16 and older must also show identification corresponding to the proof of vaccination provided. Acceptable forms of identification include a valid government-issued or school ID.
Updated District Operations
In compliance with this Order, beginning Monday, Jan. 3, 2022, Schaumburg Park District will require patrons 5 years and older entering our facilities for the following programs to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an FDA approved vaccine:
- All fitness activities including group fitness, fitness center and personal training
- Aquatics participants including lap swim, open swim, swim lessons and swim team
- All athletics programs including open gym, athletics classes, gymnastics and racquet sports
- Dance participants
According to the Order, fully vaccinated is defined as:
- Two weeks after second dose in a two-dose series with approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two weeks after a single-dose series with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card; or
- An official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered; or
- An ‘app’ that provides a digital record of vaccinations; or
- A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, the vaccine brand administered, and the date the vaccination was administered.
The District is working as quickly as possible to understand all aspects of this new mandate and update our operations to meet the new requirements. Please plan on arriving a few minutes early for classes.
We ask for your patience and understanding, especially for our front-line staff members, as we transition our operations. The Park District is continuing to communicate with Cook County to ask for changes to the Order. Residents are encouraged to contact Cook County with any concerns at email@example.com.
Refunds can be requested online at parkfun.com, under the Programs & Events tab listed under Request for Credit/Refund. Fitness members may also elect to freeze their memberships.
For more information, please call 847-985-2115, or visit parkfun.com.